Sunday, August 15, 2010

Sorry for the Absence

So sorry for being absent from the blog for a while! I have been in DC for the past week to attend the Maryland Youth Ballet's summer intensive. I've been so busy that I have not gotten the chance to even turn on my computer; however, I have been doing some other fashionable things while in the city. Such as: shopping at the glorious Nordstrom's rack, buying a waterproof off the shoulder sweatshirt, sporting my grandmother's pearls, and most importantly, buying a fashion dictionary from Barnes and Noble with my dog, Amos. Last night, I went to Bethesda with my fashionable aunt, whom I get my passion from, to eat dinner. Since the area is dog friendly, I brought my miniature Jack Russell, Amos. I felt quite posh strutting my little terrier along the store fronts and her felt that way too :)! Anyhow, we took him into Barnes and Noble where he rode his first escalator and I bought my first fashion dictionary. From now on, I will be having a fashion word of the day updated from my little handy fashion dictionary.


The word for today is: Fontana
Trom The Thames and Hudson Dictionary of Fashion and Fashion Designers the Second Edition, Fontana is an "Italian fashion house founded in Rome in 1943 by three sisters, Zoe, Micol, and Giovanna. In the 1950's the house of Fontana became known for its glamorous and theatrical clothing, particularly evening wear and lace wedding dresses. The house continues with a strong accessory line but it is always associated with its successful curvaceous styles of the 1950's and 1960's."

Audrey Hepburn's dress was designed by the Fontana sisters

No comments:

Post a Comment